How to write a narrative essay
This PowerPoint is designed to help primary school learners (grade 4-9) with the writing process.
The aim of this product is to guide, consolidate and enhance learners narrative writing.
In the 16 slides you will find a step-by-step guide of the complete writing process including information on the following:
– Identifying and summarising story parts
– Recommended Youtube link to a story with a class activity on story parts (memo included)
– Notes on the planning process: mind mapping and drafting
– Examples of sentence starters to use in narrative writing
– Example of a mind map and a section of an edited draft
– An editing checklist
It is no secret that the writing process has taken a whack this year, largely due to the lack of in-person teaching and hybrid learning. This PowerPoint was made in hopes of mending the gap in the writing process that has been created by the pandemic. It provides learners with a complete visual of how their work should be laid out and structured and there are loads of examples to help learners get a well-rounded idea of the writing process.