A fun course to improve children’s literacy over the summer (7-11 years)
Ideal for helping children catch up, as well as keeping them amused over the vacation.
This pack is titled ‘Lets Go Somewhere Exciting’
It includes a number of fun writing activities, to inspire children to write. For example:
1. Imagine you are organising a big show in your town this summer.. plan the event… make a poster advertising it, make up some competitions, write a letter asking for donations for the fair
2. Answer the reading comprehension questions
3. Recount a visit to the show
4. Write a newspaper article on the show, for your school magazine
5. Write a story about an event that did not go quite to plan at the show e.g. maybe Dolly the sheep escaped…
There are lots of writing skeletons, prompts, model answers and hints and tips, to help children who struggle to put their ideas down on paper.
There are 4 summer themed work packs available In this series.
Out And About In Summer
Lets Go Travelling
Lets Go On Holiday
Lets Go Somewhere Exciting